This website is owned and operated by Jaipur Atelier, a California-based manufacturer of fine jewelry and apparel. Jaipur Atelier (“JA”, “us”, or “we”) takes your privacy very seriously. We are committed to protecting and safeguarding the privacy of visitors to our websites including mobile versions of our website (“Sites”).
If you do not agree to this Policy, please do not use JA websites OR PROVIDE JA WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. Your use of JA Sites and/or mobile applications indicates your acceptance of this Policy and of the collection and use of your personally identifiable information in accordance with this Policy.
The Personal Information We Collect
We may collect different types of personal and other information based on your use of our products and services and our relationship with you (“Personal Information”). Some examples of Personal Information we may collect include:
Information you give us.
- Contact Information (such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address);
- Information provided by you in conjunction with a survey or a promotion, or in registering for one our events;
- Other personal information you may provide to us (including photographs).
Also, when you visit our Sites, we may collect certain information via automated means. For example, our systems may collect information about your activity on the Sites (i.e., pages you visit, address of a referring website (if any), identifiers for your mobile device, geographic location information, and Internet Protocal (IP) address) for a number of purposes. Such information is collected using automated technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and server log files. We may use this automatically-collected information to help tailor the ads you may see on the Sites and the messaging that is provided to you from our systems. Further, we use this information to operate, maintain, and manage our Sites.
- Standard Web server traffic pattern information. General traffic, site usage, browser information and length of stay information is collected and stored in log files.
- Cookies/Web Beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that our website would send to your computer or mobile device to identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. A “web beacon” (also known as a pixel tag or Internet tag) links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information through cookies back to a server. These tools allow a certain Internet site to remember important information that will make your use of the site more convenient. For example, if you often visit content on one of the JA websites, we may use “web beacons” to infer your possible interest in that specific property and may deliver ads to you related to that interest. It’s important to understand that these technologies use anonymous identifiers within the “cookies” stored in your browser.
Use the options in your Internet browser if you do not wish to receive a cookie or if you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. Click on the “Help” section of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of the JA websites.
- We use analytic services, such as Google Analytics, as well as other third party vendors tracking aggregate data that place first-party and/or third-party cookies on a browser across our websites. To opt out of Google tracking, please visit their opt-out page. We also may use Google AdWords “remarketing” to market our sites across the web. Using such a program, we would place a cookie on a browser, and then Google reads these cookies and may serve an ad on a 3rd party site (i.e., when you are visiting your Facebook page). You may opt out of such ad serving on Google’s opt out page. If you are concerned about 3rd party cookies served by networks, you should also visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
How We Use The Personal Information We Collect
We may use the Personal Information we collect in a variety of ways, including to:
- Provide you with the best customer experience possible;
- Provide the products and services you purchase, and to respond to your questions;
- Communicate with you regarding purchases, registrations, special events, and promotions;
- Deliver customized content and advertising that may be of interest to you, and remember you when you visit our Sites;
- Address network integrity and security issues;
- Respond to your requests, questions, and/or comments;
- Perform data analyses (including market and consumer research, and trend analyses).
Personal Information We Share With Others
JA may share your personal information with non-JA companies that perform services on our behalf, as necessary for them to perform those services (i.e., payment processing, shipping, etc.). JA requires those non-JA companies to have reasonable safeguards in place to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Further, JA may share information collected by cookies and other automated means with sites you link to from the Sites, or with social media providers (such as Twitter, Facebook, and Google+) that you visit by clicking through from our Sites. Please note that while JA does not capture or store your login information or any other personally identifiable information for social networks if you link to those through our Sites, their websites may store session information or cookies on your computer or wireless phone. Social media is further discussed below.
In Other Circumstances: Other than as noted above, we may be required to share your Personal Information for purposes such as complying with court orders or law enforcement; assisting with identity verification, and to prevent fraud and identity theft; selling JA’s assets, or in process of arranging for the dissolution of JA; or enforcing our agreements and property rights.
We don’t knowingly collect personally identifying information from anyone under the age of 13 unless we first obtain permission from the child’s parent or legal guardian. In addition, children under the age of 13 are not authorized to make purchases from JA without consent from a parent or legal guardian.
If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information provided by a visitor under the age of 13 without permission from a parent or legal guardian, we will delete the information from our records. A child’s parent or legal guardian can also request that the Personal Information of their child be deleted from our records, if it has not been already.
Safeguarding Your Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We require non-JA companies acting on our behalf (i.e., credit card processing companies) to have reasonable safeguards in place to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with applicable law.
However, you understand and agree that such steps do not guarantee that use of the Sites is invulnerable to all security breaches, and that JA makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation that use of any of our Sites is protected from viruses, security threats or other vulnerabilities.
There are several measures you can take to protect your Personal Information. One option is simply not to volunteer it to us. The Federal Trade Commission’s site, www.ftc.gov, also offers useful information about how to protect personally-identifiable information provided online or through mobile applications.
Accessing, Changing, Or Suppressing Your Personal Data
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, you can contact us at email@example.com.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed, or other limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information.
For your protection, we only fulfill requests for the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable, but at the latest will do so within thirty (30) days.
Also, if you are an EU resident who wishes to make a request to JA under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may also contact us as specified below to make any of the following requests:
* Access – request JA to provide the personal data it has about you
* Object – object to how JA is using personal data
* Portability – request JA send its personal data about you in a portable format
* Rectify – ask JA to correct the personal data it has about you
* Delete – ask JA to delete the personal data it has about you.
You can email us any of these requests at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Sites
We may offer links to sites that are not operated by JA, or you may see a banner ad for a product and click on that to visit a non-JA website for that product. If you visit one of these linked sites, you should review their privacy and other policies.
We are not responsible for the policies and practices of other companies.
Social Media and Personal Information
Further, JA uses a variety of new technologies and social media options to communicate and interact with consumers, and has links to certain social media provider available on its Sites. When interacting with a JA presence on those social media websites, you may opt to reveal certain Personal Information.
Any Personal Information you have chosen to share on any JA social media pages will be visible to persons visiting those pages, and privacy on those pages is governed by the privacy policies of those social media companies. Other than to respond to posts or answer questions, JA will not use Personal Information provided on its social media pages without permission from you.
Social Media companies’ privacy policies will govern any Personal Information you opt to provide while you are visiting any JA presence on those sites, and can be visited through the links below.
Notice to California Residents
Subject to certain limits under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties.
To make this request, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, you may contact us using the information below.
When contacting us, so that we can respond, please include your full name and the contact information for your preferred mode of contact (email or phone), and please describe the specific nature of your request.